The company was the core business in a group. At the start of assignment it had been without an MD for 12 months and was off target on all key performance metrics including delivery of a critical £8m project.
Actions and results
- Led the review and restructuring of business against the background of rapidly declining project demand (global oil price drop).
- Focused resources to get delivery of major £8m project back on track
- Introduced formal senior management project reviews to ensure management team fully aligned with cost and delivery expectations
- Restructured aftermarket team and introduced basic CRM system to improve enquiry tracking and sales closure.
- Right sized the business to prevailing demand scenario
- Set the company on course for a positive operating profit